Usually, it comes down to balancing out a variety of aspects to isolate the monitor which presents the best value for you. But what are the most important features to pay attention to?
- Resolution. A higher resolution means a higher pixel count which, thus means better visual detail and higher image clarity.
-1080p (Full HD)
However, before deciding on your ideal resolution, consider your GPU power and whether you prefer performance or visual quality.
- Refresh rate. It measures how many times the monitor can refresh the displayed image per second and also how many frames per second the monitor will be able to display.
Monitors can have the following refresh rates:
But when choosing high refresh rate, make sure that your graphics card can run the games that you want at such high framerates.
- Adaptive Sync. Сonsider either FreeSync or G-SYNC if you want no screen tearing while playing games.
- The panel technology.
Monitors rely on two types of panel:
-TN (twisted nematic)
-IPS (in-plane switching)
-IPS panels offer better all-around visual quality, but TN panel supports faster response times.
- Response time. The lower the response time is, the smoother the camera movements will be. On the other hand, a high response time will lead to motion blur since pixels don’t have enough time to switch between colors during fast camera movement. Which to choose depends entirely on whether you prefer. Check it yourself.
- Screen Size. Size doesn't matter that much. Gaming monitors are usually between 21 inches and 27 inches since those represent the perfect balance of visual clarity and viewing comfort.
A modern gaming monitor has the following inputs and outputs:
-5mm Audio Out
Apart from those, a monitor may also have a 3.5mm audio input and one or several USB ports of varying types.
How do you choose gaming monitor for your club?